I cannot emphasize the importance of knowing what your product or service when it comes to selling. By becoming an expert not only in your product but also in the commercial, industrial or personal needs of your customers, you will go from being the “salesperson” to someone who works with the client to find the best solution for them. Of the information you collect from your client combined with your experience and knowledge of the product or industry, you’ll be able to dominate the competition.
Without a complete and accurate knowledge of the product, you will not be able to correctly position a solution that meets your client’s needs. In fact, you may have a difficult time in determining the needs of your clients in the first place, since many times when gathering information to position the solution by asking the right, open-ended, intelligent questions, you are mentally developing a solution for them based on their needs and your knowledge of the products or services that best suit those needs.
So, in order to make sure you’re ready to close more deals and be fully prepared for upcoming sales meetings, we’ve gathered five sales strategies you can use in 2019 that will help you close more deals.
Here are 5 Sales Strategies to Close More Deals in 2019:
• When it comes to sales, there is a very important word, which finally leads to a question. The word I’m talking about is “why”. Before entering the sale or meeting, ask yourself why the customer should buy from you first and then why should you decide to buy the product/service you offer. Be realistic and answer these questions as best you can. If you need help, ask your friends and family. You may be surprised by the ideas you receive. This is actually one of AMP’s best sales strategies for 2019, and for good reason. There may be some advantages it offers, but you have not thought about them or considered them important at all. Once you have a solid foundation of “why” the client needs your product, you’ll have a much better chance of getting the sale.
• Learn to listen! Listen carefully to everything your client says. If you focus on the details and truly listen, you will be surprised by the value of the information that he describes as a preliminary to close the deal. Often, customers list the advantages and disadvantages of a product or service without being asked to do so.
• Keep asking lots of questions and answer all the questions of your clients. The key is to be an open book. If you cannot answer a question, let them know that you’ll get back to them with the correct information. Do not wait until the client forgets because most of the time he or she will not.
• If the client says “no”, do not pack your things and leave. Never give up! Ask the client what you can improve, what you must do to get his “Yes”. Adjust your offer accordingly and tailor it to their needs so you have a better chance of closing the deal.
• When you close the deal do not forget to celebrate and give yourself a pat on the back. For many people, this can be something unusual and even uncomfortable, but showing gratitude and appreciation for all the things we have achieved is very important in every sale.
Being prepared and knowledgeable is crucial to making deals. If you know exactly what you want and insist that the product or service will help the client, the sales will start to come in. Persistence is key! In sales, product knowledge is much more than simply knowing all the features, advantages and benefits for your product or service, and in fact, it will not do much unless you fully understand the business and commercial needs of your customers. If you put in the effort and become the expert in your area, you’ll realize the fruits of your labor and see the sales come rolling in. In the end, if you follow the above strategies, your business will grow and closing deals will start to become second nature.